Saturday 12 November 2011

Eskimo the cat

I have been really caught up with work this year. I have been sent around Malaysia to conduct short courses. So, in a month, I would be home a week or two. Most of the time, I would be on the go. Thus, Eskimo  and Oreo cannot stay with me. They didn't stay with me since last June. They stayed with Mak & Abah in Seremban with the rest of the cats: Osim, Popeye (aka kecil menggelinting), and Embong. 

Osim the ginger, Popeye (kecil n kurus despite huge appetite), Oreo and Eskimo, keeping Emak company.
That's Embong, Osim's first baby

It seems that Oreo had a great time in Seremban. He has been a great brother to Osim and Popeye and a great uncle to Embong. He likes to roam around in front of our house (but he's very very timid to strangers, and would run away every time somebody wants to go near him - so I'm not worried about him getting catnapped by strangers). 

BUT........

My dear Eskimo yang manja cannot stand having other cats around him. He likes to be pampered, he likes my attention undivided. Just for him, uhum, all attention just for him. So he got a bit stressed up living in Seremban with the rest of the cats. When he got stressed up, he would intentionally pluck a bunch of his fur off. He would lick his fur non-stop, developing OCD-like behaviour. And he also becomes a very, very grumpy old man. He has this angry face, like kerut-kedut in between his brows and on his nose to show that he's annoyed. Poor kitty. I have no other choice but to take him home with me. Plus, my travelling has decreased this month. This is Eskimo 2 months ago with all the shedding and furplucking habit.

You can see on his tummy there was a big bald patch

Cimo, cimo, anyunyunyunyu nyomey nyomeynye cimo

So, long story short, now he's back with me. I took him to see Dr Edmund since he's quite near to my house, plus I heard that he has a good reputation. I should say, he is very caring towards Eskimo. Nice to have a vet who is concerned about your cat as much as you do. At the clinic, we look for any signs of fleas, earmites, but could not find any. So, it's either food allergy or stress. So he prescribed Eskimo with some anti-itch pills, topical cream and also suggested a new diet - Royal Canin Hypoallergenic (cost about RM84 per kg)

"No, doctor. I don't eat anything but wetfood sprinkled with catnips. Thanks anyway"

I had to come back after 2 weeks, and Eskimo has increased his weight as much as 8% of his body weight. He was a bit kurus when he was in Seremban due to stress. Now that he's the only cat in the house, he eats happily and would return to his food bowl so frequently. He also demands breakfast to be prepared at 6a.m. in the weekdays and 8-9a.m. in the weekends (he sleeps in during weekend)

So this is Eskimo recently:
Back to his fat-self, I mean, cat-self again.















1 comment:

  1. Aw Asmira, your cat is so cute! I love the photos!! ^^

    ReplyDelete